Wednesday 15 July 2009

Summer transfers

Whilst Man City pursue the likes of John Terry and Carlos Tevez, and Real Madrid have their galaticos, at Dynamo GFC we are busy seeking new signings for our U12 and U15 girls teams. There is such a wide gap between the top end of the game and us buried in the grassroots it sometimes makes me wonder if we are playing the same game!

The "close" season is always a manic time for those of us involved in running clubs. I use "" because these days there doesn't seem to be a free weekend throughout the year. And whilst my better half may get a bit frustrated with the piles of signing on forms in the lounge; the texts from parents saying their daughter can't make this weekends tournament; and the seemingly endless committee and league meetings - it is nonetheless one of the most rewarding "jobs" in the world. Again I use the "" because it's not really a job. Like thousands up and down the country this is a voluntary, unpaid position, and I'm sure a future blog will focus on what the FA and the government could be doing to support us.

Anyway, this is the first blog of my life, and I will hopefully be updating this on a regular basis with details about our club, how the girls are doing, but mostly it will be full of my views on this wonderful game and our role in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment